Los Ojos De La Familia AZ – Covid Preparedness 2020
Its our mission to help Arizona families in need and benefit our communities, Los Ojos de
la Familia Arizona is dedicated to preventing the spread of COVID-19. To keep everyone
safe and healthy as possible, the following guidelines will be followed at all Los Ojos
1. All volunteers will wear masks at all times during our events.
2. Governor Ducey has mandated that gatherings are not to exceed 50 people. As an
extra precaution, no more than 25 people will be inside the warehouse at any
3. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the warehouse.
4. All volunteers will be assigned to small groups within designated areas and kept
separate from other groups to ensure social distancing.
5. All volunteers (18 years of age and older) will be required to sign a Liability Waiver and a Hold Harmless Agreements, which will be sent out to all volunteers prior to each event. Before each event, each volunteer will be required to check in to ensure they have signed the Waiver and Agreement. If they have not completed
the waiver form, they will be asked to sign one prior to participating. Documents
can be signed electronically (preferred) or manually.
a. Liability WaIver will include the following questions. If any answer is Yes,
volunteers will be sent home.
i. Has anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19 in the
past 14 days?
ii. Have you, or anyone in your family, been in contact with a person
that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
iii. Have you been medically directed to self-quarantine due to
possible exposure to COVID-19?
b. A temperature check will be performed and anyone with a temperature
over 100.4 degrees will be asked to go home. (100.4 degrees is per CDC
Toy Bag Event 12/12/2020
1. Each team of volunteers will have their own assigned work/table area.
2. Each team will be given their respective bags and corresponding family
3. Volunteers are directed to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from members of other groups when in the common area while “shopping” for toys.
4. All workstations will be wiped down and sanitized prior to each new group coming in for their allotted volunteer time.
Basket Building Event 12/18/2020
1. Each volunteer team will have their own assigned work/table area.
2. Each team will build their boxes in their respective work area. Volunteers are
directed to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from members of other groups
when in the common area while picking up food items for the baskets.
3. All workstations will be wiped down and sanitized prior to each new group
coming in for their allotted volunteer time.
Delivery Day Event 12/19/2020
1. Delivery driver volunteers will have minimum contact during the loading of their vehicles. Drivers are to stay in their vehicles during the basket/toy loading
process and wear a mask while volunteers are loading their vehicles.
2. Upon arriving at the warehouse, the volunteer will give their group letter and
number. They will then be given their packet for deliveries. Baskets and toys will
be loaded into their vehicles for them.
3. When delivering baskets to the nominated families, all accompanying parties will wear a mask and will socially distance. Volunteers are not to enter the home of nominated families, unless under rare circumstances.
You’re Truly Appreciated,
Los Ojos De La Familia AZ